Stone Buddha Triad Treasure No. 219, which was enshrined in Gaetaesa Temple, founded by King Taejo Wang Geon of Goryeo who unified the Later Three Kingdoms in 936
Hello, Gaetaesa Temple, located about 35 kilometers southwest of Daejeon, was founded in the same year when King Taejo Wang Geon, who founded Goryeo (918-1392), destroyed Hubaekje, the capital of Jeonju, in 936.
Like the name of the temple Gaetaesa Temple, it can be seen that Wang Geon, the first king of Goryeo who unified the Later Three Kingdoms, was founded in the hope that the country would be ruled peacefully and a peaceful world would continue.
Gaetaesa Temple, located in Cheonho-ri, Yeonsan-myeon, Nonsan-si, Chungcheongnam-do, has been rebuilt since 1934. At the time of its foundation, Gaetaesa Temple is about 300m north of the current temple, but relics such as Seokjo Buddha Triad (Treasure No. 219) and Cheolgok are preserved in Gaetaesa Temple.
Gaetaesa Temple at the time of its foundation and Gaetaesa Temple now
[Google_Maps_WD id=1005 map=505]
Geungnakdaebojeon Hall and Daeungjeon Hall of Gaetaesa Temple, where the Stone Standing Buddha Triad is enshrined
“The Five-story Stone Pagoda of Gaetaesa Temple” of 4.69m in height—Chungcheongnam-do Cultural Heritage Material No. 274 of the early Goryeo Dynasty influenced by the Baekje Kingdom
Gaetaesa Temple Site at the time of its foundation, located about 300m north of the present Gaetaesa Temple
|Name||Gaetaesa Temple Site|
|Era||Early Goryeo 936-940|
|Address||111 Cheonho-ri, Yeonsan-myeon, Nonsan-si, Chungcheongnam-do|
충청남도 논산시 연산면 천호리 111
|Important Cultural Properties||Standing Stone Buddha Triad at Gaetaesa Temple Site (Treasure No. 219-936-940)|
Five-story Stone Pagoda of Gaetaesa Temple (Chungcheongnam-do Cultural Heritage Material No. 274 9th Century)
Cheolnyum of Gaetaesa Temple (Chungcheongnam-do Cultural Heritage Material No. 1)
Gaetaesa Temple Stonework (Chungcheongnam-do Cultural Heritage Material No. 275)
National Treasure No. 213 (Hoam Museum of Art)
Gaetaesa Bronze Bank (National Buyeo Museum)